Friday, August 12, 2011

Just Do It

Today is the day. My first post. I must admit that I am still quite skeptical about this endeavor.

To blog, or not to blog, that is the question.

Well, that's not a very deep question, is it? So I have decided to get over it and just do it. Blog.

At first I thought about limiting my posts to a certain topic...like travel or food.  But I have decided to allow myself to be completely random. Random is  a very different approach for me. But here goes....

My 1st step: Choose a title.
This step was not too hard because I wanted something that easily described me. If you know me well, you understand my choice. Brown Southern Girl. I absolutely LOVE being from the South....Alabama....Phenix City, that is. And the brown part? Well, of course I love being brown! But I also find it fun and quite  unique to describe a person using the color of their skin. Admit it. We all love it when kids describe a friend with the name of a crayon. Or maybe it's just me. I loved it when Kristen described a friend using the color "sienna". And when she would color a family portrait, she would always use the same color crayon for me and Emanuel but yet a slightly different shade of brown for herself and Sterling. As adults, we try to use every adjective imaginable to describe a person....while carefully omitting color. So there you have it, I'm brown (with a little bit of yellow undertones) and I love being a southern girl.

My 2nd step: Find a box of crayons and get a better description for "brown"!







1 comment: